(Senior) Manager PR & Communications (f,m,x)
Permanent Employment, Full-time, Germany
As (Senior) Manager PR & Communications you will play a key role in strengthening IONITY’s brand profile and reputation by defining and executing IONITY’s communications strategy. In this role, you will identify and develop stories which resonate with our audiences and use relevant channels and formats to drive our brand’s ongoing narrative as well as increase engagement with our brand.
We are looking for a pro-active self-starter, committed to IONITY and our values and mission, capable of liaising with external audiences and internal stakeholders at all levels. A never-ending curiosity and passion for all things automotive and a keen interest in mobility, energy, and sustainability, combined with outstanding editorial writing skills will be crucial to the success in this role.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, Brand & Communications you will
- develop and implement IONITY’s Public Relations and communications strategy
- own a digitally led approach to PR and communications, ensuring IONITY successfully fuses editorial and social storytelling
- lead and own the day-to-day management of all PR & communications projects
- manage our pan-European editorial content calendar
- leverage all relevant channels and platforms for storytelling – such as PR activities, social media, digital channels/formats as well as physical and virtual events
- liaise and collaborate with management and cross-functional teams within IONITY as well as various stakeholders of the wider IONITY ecosystem to identify stories and create content
- align with country managers to develop market-specific comms activities
- monitor industry’s news-cycle across markets to identify and seize media and comms opportunities
- manage media-related inquiries as well as speaking opportunities at events
- build and grow excellent relationships with media and industry professionals across key European markets
- maintain an in-depth knowledge on media trends and industry best practice
- manage and closely work with external agencies across projects and activities
- monitor, evaluate and report on all PR activities to track progress against key metrics and prepare relevant reports with clear action items and deliverables
- manage and coordinate activities related to executive positioning
- lead and manage issue and crisis management activities
- manage internal communications
- at least 10 years of international work experience in PR, communications, media and/or journalism
- strong affinity with social media and digital formats
- experience in the automotive, mobility or energy industry with a sincere interest in sustainability topics
- a very good understanding of the intricacies of the broader e-Mobility ecosystem and IONITY’s role in this space - previous experience with e-Mobility a definite plus!
- strong network of media and influencers and access to KOLs relevant to IONITY
- creative communicator with an excellent antenna for successful stories and the ability to translate complex topics and concepts into engaging messages
- outstanding writing skills and the capability to tailor messaging to different audiences
- ideally bilingual in English and German, additional European languages a definite plus
- self-starter with independent and structured work style, strong project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- capable of liaising and working cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders
- previous agency management experience and ability to build strong working relationships
- excellent presentation skills with confidence to serve as a company’s spokesperson
- willingness to travel
We are a team of uncomplicated, cosmopolitan and fairly smart people who see change as an opportunity and enjoy helping to shape a future market with great pressure and enthusiasm. If you are fascinated by electric mobility, and you want to be part of an international team, please apply - we are happy to receive your application!
What we offer:
- Trust-base working time: You organize and determine your working hours by yourself
- Flexible and remote working: Compatibility of family/hobby and job
- Generous vacation policy: You also have additional days for special occasions
- Annual individual training budget: You decide together with your supervisor how you would like to continue your training
- Dog-friendly office: Your dog is very welcome
- Employee discounts: Member of Corporate Benefits
- Freedom for creativity: Flat hierarchies, your opinion counts
- You culture: We promote an open corporate culture
- Multicultural enviroment/diversity: 28 nationalities are already employed with us
- Employee events: Summer parties, Christmas parties, etc.
Your future HR department will be happy to provide information about individual benefits.